Wednesday 1 February 2012

Unity 3.5 Public Beta


Flash Target!!!

Yes, everyone know it. Basically it's the main reason for this new Unity, the Flash Deployment Add-on.



But I want to know more about another news or enhanced features. I still did not try this new version, but I'll do a review of what I hope to come according to advertising...Yes, a Blind Date.

Ok, Let's dot it:

1.- Shuriken Particle System
This sounds to me like "ryu shoryuken". Well, basically it's a Curve Editor in order to get a better tweak (and more intuitive) for your particles effects. I guess it's like the Material Editor by Nodes in 3dsMax 2012.


2.- Built-in Pathfinding

OHH!!! Maybe the best news today. AI is a must and hard work to complete, you can fin a lot of help in sites like: A*Pathfinding Project or look this video:



3.- Occlusion Culling & LOD
I have not yet used this feature, but I understand that improves the execution of huge maps in these missions that we like to get to play and beat all the invaders.
Level Of Detail is a feature thay really improve the playable feature of your games.

4.- Google Chrome Native Client deployment
That's great 'cos a lot of people when see the Install Windows just close the window XD.



5.- Linear Space Lighting and HDR
HDR Render for images at Unity....mmmm, sounds good but I wonder if iOS Devices or Android can support it.

6.- And so much more...
Yes, they say so lol, Unity is a fast and very useful tool to create 3d multimedia applications, yes, even 3D games for your iPhone lol.

I wonder if this new release amazed me a lot. I remember the days when making a game in Flash that simulates 3D was really difficult and impractical.
In fact, look for a green old 3D plane out there I have a game that never ends in Flash.


Oh, the Prices:
Unity Pro 1500 usd + iOS Pro 1500 usd + Android Pro 1500 usd = 4500uss. That's your target like a Professional Freelance or an ProStudio... and obvious FREE for the Indie Version.


No comments:

Post a Comment